Specificity

September 20, 2010

"Leaving Freeport"

Leaving Freeport



Last week, I was sitting at the stop sign waiting for an opportunity to turn onto the highway heading toward Lake Jackson and I saw this cloud.  I don't know why it intrigued me so, but for some reason it made me think of one of those heavy, ominous clouds that show up in the science fiction movies right before some little green man says, "Take me to your leader..." (or something like that).  There's a lot of construction along this stretch of highway right now, and in addition to liking the looks of the cloud, I also liked the contrast of the blue sky, the less-than-perfect grass growing along the pavement, and the sandy scars left behind by the road crew equipment.

Taken with my Canon G10.  Shutter speed 1/1000, Aperture f/4.0, Focal length 6.1mm, ISO 80.

Would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.

2 comments:

Shelby Thomas said...

I can't remember if I commented on "Buzz" or not, but I love this one! It caught my eye when I saw it the other day, and I literally said "Wow" out loud. :)

Everything you pointed out about the picture that you love is exactly what I would write myself, so beyond that... let me just give you a "Brava".

Just beautiful, Ms. Laura. That BLUE and that GREEN! And the heaviness of the cloud in the midst of it all - just stunning.

I didn't realize you had this blog! I'm glad I do now!

Christ's blessings,
Shelby

txmom2jami said...

Thank you, Shelby! And feel free to stop by any time! :)

Search This Blog